Each year, through our enduring partnership with Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority, the Foundation supports many environmental programs and projects that help support our vision of a cleaner and healthier Lake Simcoe watershed.
These programs and projects support our objectives:
- Improve water quality and fish habitat in Lake Simcoe, its rivers and streams
- Provide environmental education to Lake Simcoe watershed residents
- Reduce invasive aquatic plant growth in Lake Simcoe, its rivers and streams
- Protect and enhance our green spaces and wetlands
- Develop partnerships that promote lake Simcoe watershed science, education and public awareness
Typically, this would include tree and shrub planting, stream bank restoration, fish habitat restoration, wildlife protection and the outdoor education of our children and are executed throughout our watershed.
Starting in Fall 2018, we will add a new campaign – The Connect Campaign for a new Nature Centre at the Scanlon Creek Conservation Area in Bradford. Stay tuned for more exciting news on this campaign.